If you own a car, you are required to have auto insurance in almost every state. Most drivers purchase auto insurance because it’s the law, but they don’t know much about it. We at City Centre Insurance Agency LLC in Houston TX are here to help. Let’s take a deep dive into auto insurance.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Vehicles are expensive assets, and car accidents are often unpredictable. Auto insurance is a type of insurance that provides motorists with protection against financial loss in the event of a crash or any other covered peril. It provides coverage for:
- Liability: Your legal duty to others for property damage and bodily injury
- Property: Such as theft or damage to your car
- Medical: The expenses related to treating your injuries, rehabilitation, and in some instances, lost wages and funeral expenses
Benefits of Having Auto Insurance
Some advantages of having car insurance include:
- It covers you in case you cause an accident: Causing a crash is among the most stressful things that can happen to a driver because you are likely to be responsible for the resulting costs. Auto insurance will cover these costs on your behalf.
- It can help you take care of damages resulting from “acts of God”: Extreme weather events such as ice storms, hail, and wildfires can damage your vehicle. Auto insurance can aid you in paying for the damage during these extreme weather events where no one is at fault.
- It protects passengers: If you are involved in a vehicle collision, your passengers will likely get injured. Auto insurance can help you pay for your passengers’ treatment.
- It can supplement your health insurance: Auto insurance can pay for the treatment your regular health insurance won’t cover. For instance, if you damage your teeth in a crash, you can use your car insurance and dental insurance to pay for treatment.
Need auto insurance in Houston, TX?
Contact us at City Centre Insurance Agency LLC – we are happy to help!